The "NAMO" wave.

One morning last week, when my daughter held the newspaper,  still groggy with sleep, the admiration with which she pointed out to 5 plus pictures of Mr. Narendra Modi in half the page fold took me by surprise.
The clean sweep of the NAMO led BJP government is tell tale on the awakening India drive. The nation that was thriving on politics buried in corruption has clearly mandated trust in this one man, almost made him God-like. Not an ardent politico at heart, I have been reading off and on about how the election campaigns went and how the clashes between rivals happened silently but still in the face. Namo held a priority ranking in early morning tea and breakfast conversations and I seemed to wonder what really is the whole big deal with this man!

Then I saw the swearing in ceremony and how aadmiration flowed in from the worlds biggest and not so big nations alike. The perceived biggest enemies also varily welcomed with peace messages et al. And I saw a ray of hope when he shrunk the cabinet. To me it seems like there is going to finally be a respite from paying obscene amounts of tax just so that obese cabinets can run. When he speaks of super ministries. ..to my almost child-in-disneyland heart it feels like he is totally commited to deliver the Incredible India promise.

Even with a million questions, I tell my heart yet again- " achche din aa gaye" because I alsi believe- "Umeed pe to duniya kāyam hai"!

Mr. Narendra Damodardas Modi..big dreams await..Go for it!!

Comments

Popular Posts