Life is too short to blend in!

When I think about what people say regularly about fashion I wonder what is it really..
Is it the desperate measure to fit in to what the crowd is wearing, or is it the desire to stand out.
To the best I understand, and what also appeals to the aesthetic in me is that isnt life too short to blend in?  Why would I spend a couple thousands or more on an outfit when it looks like 4 others were wearing similar things from the same collection of a designer. I mean where is the exclusivity I am bargaining for?
Then maybe I figure, that the difference is between Fashion and what is mixed up most often with it- Style. While fashion will come and go and fade with seasons, style is eternal and stays glued to specific persona. Style is also subjective and associated more with a person than with the one creating it. So when I want to look stunning, would I want to be fashionable, or stylish? Well..I would love to be stylish and me heads turn with being different from the crowd generale.
The fun also is in making the wannabe babes feel slightly under dressed or passè and be a little high-headed bitchy about it. Who knows, your style statement may just well be next season's runway blockbuster!

Comments

Popular Posts