Wonder why!

Being the restless inquisitive I am, I almost always wonder - WHY?

The 'Why' being not of an empty mind, but of one that is wondering- about the all and sundry.
Wondering is nothing new to my forever engaged mind, it in fact is- my oldest companion. It makes me lose track of my daily life too, but only for the goodness to seep in. there is nothing more I remember than the musings of my endless mind chatter- in bed staring up at the fan in my bedroom as a kid- which had some glass edifices hanging in the centre that kept clinking all night, or in one corner of the swimming pool-half asleep early in the morning, or under the blue skies lying on the green grass in college!
I can remember a thousand more instances where my lovely consort paid visit and refused to leave for hours on end!
No- it was never the useless wandering that someone with no work engaged in! This was, and still is more of the creative pursuit- of the heart, and echoed and formulated into almost a filmstrip in the mind. It is during these times when I have let myself lose to become the master craftsman!
Crafting the way ahead, charting a course- not of action, but of answering the many "WHYs"!
Often i find myself sitting in my couple-hundred-feet high balcony and looking intently at a lone boat in the sea. I wonder why, after all its bigger cousins have dropped their anchors, is it still amidst the deep waters. Gleaming in the stark sunlight, on the shining waters. I have stories to tell about that one- about it being stuck there as the boatsman toppled over in greed of the bigger catch. About how the love forlorn couple lie there, arm-in-arm, just looking into each others eyes, oblivious to the lush waves. For them, it is sheer stillness-because their hearts are beating in the other-and nothing else is evident. About how it is boarded by thugs, or those who are looking for nightfall to smuggle forbidden goods inshore.
Just WHY it is there-aimless-or fearless-or spineless- is what keeps me glued-day after day!

Why people leave- not in form, but in spirit and heart. When all you wanted to do was to love them, and be loved- just in that much purity of the being. But why you are how you are, and why you love as recklessly as you do, are questions impossible to fathom! Could being loved ever hurt? Well, apparently it does! Instead of giving wings to the object of your affection to soar high, their expectation of what your expectation is just meddles with the emotion beyond repair. 
There is never a logical end to such love, because you feel too much, and neither is there respite to the "WHYs". So then why do you feel how you feel for such creatures? 

The Why is only the beginning- of all that traverses wide and deep down in my heart, for Why I AM is pertinent, and that is what keeps my kind going....




Comments

Popular Posts