The Punjab Grill,where's the thrill???

Overrated-overpriced-undertrained-under maintained..
The way I have heard people talk of 'The' Jiggs Kalra joints as iconic, i wonder if it was the expectation that made the experience a let down, or the real thing is not so great anyway!!! When i walked in, to see happy and eager smiles, I kind of echoed the good reviews in my mind! A few steps ahead..a falling false cieling portion later, and many deteriorated chair covers later, i rechecked if i was in the right place! With my disappointment , and the tacky bollywood music added, I changed my mind to have a meal, and decided to just sample some starters and not just judge the place by its ambience.
Ordered the multani paneer tikka..and veg kurkuri..amidst discussion with an utterly confused server!!
The paneer..succulent, tasty, but nothing close to the outstanding 'Punjabi' taste failed to get the -Wah-
The veg kurkuri that came dipped in individual shot glasses of sweet chilli sauce were nice and bursting with cheese, but found the vegetables missing, as well as the punch..quite liked the kurkuri part of it though, and the presentation too.
I wanted to get a dessert but my meal-partner said it was beyond his risk-capacity, and so we walked over to the safer bet Tewari next door!!

I would have ideally wanted to try some more of the menu before reviewing, but guess this much was enough for a start!!!!!! The Passion of a foodie like Jiggs Kalra...to suffer such misery...surprising!!!

Comments

Popular Posts